OUR KEY PEOPLE
- Our senior policy advisors are a bipartisan team of former House chairmen:
- Republican Bob Goodlatte represented Virginia’s 6th district in the U.S. House of Representatives from 1993-2019, eventually chairing the Judiciary and Agriculture Committees.
- Democrat Rick Boucher represented Virginia’s 9th district from 1983-2011, eventually chairing the House Energy and Commerce Committee’s Subcommittee on Communications and the Internet, and upon his departure in 2011, being ranked the 10th most powerful member of Congress.
- Erik Jaffe, policy director, clerked for Justice Clarence Thomas, and has been advocating for First Amendment rights for some 30 years.
- Mark Davis, editorial director, former speechwriter to President George H.W. Bush and co-author of a non-fiction book on the dark side of the Internet, Digital Assassination (St. Martin’s Press/MacMillan).
- Vinh Vuong, digital communications director, who has worked in that capacity for numerous state, national, and international political and corporate public affairs campaigns.
- Gene Schaerr, general counsel, clerked for the late Justice Antonin Scalia and has been practicing (and often teaching) First Amendment law for some 35 years.